Mangalore air crash: Black Box foundMay 23rd, 2010 - 3:52 pm ICT by ANI
Mangalore, May 23 (ANI): The investigators have found the Black Box of the Air India plane that crashed on landing in Mangalore on Saturday.
The Black Box was found at the crash site.
The Black Box is plane’s digital flight data recorder that helps in facilitating the investigation of an aircraft accident
The investigators now hope to find out what exactly went wrong during the incident.
Earlier, a forensic team had arrived from Hyderabad to conduct DNA tests on those bodies that have charred beyond recognition.
The Air India Boeing 737-800, carrying 160 passengers and a crew of six, overshot a runway and crashed in flames near Mangalore in which 158 were killed. There were only eight survivors from the flight that came in from Dubai.
This is the first major plane crash in India since 2000. (ANI)
- Mangalore air crash: DNA experts arrives as 26 bodies still unidentified - May 23, 2010
- Mangalore air crash: All bodies of victims recovered - May 23, 2010
- Mangalore Air crash due to pilot's error - Sep 08, 2010
- Air India crash: Experts to conduct DNA test today - May 24, 2010
- Air India Crash: Flight's Black Box Found - May 23, 2010
- Three Mangalore crash survivors discharged from hospital - May 26, 2010
- Flight data recorder of crashed Air India flight found - May 25, 2010
- Black box of the ill-fated Air India Express flight recovered - May 25, 2010
- Mangalore air crash: Pak PM sends condolences - May 22, 2010
- AI defends pilots, kin bid tearful adieu to dear ones (Intro-Roundup) - May 23, 2010
- Serb pilots blame 'pressures' of working in India for Dubai-Mangalore AI plane crash - Nov 20, 2010
- Air India crash eyewitnesses say better rescue facilities could have saved more lives - May 23, 2010
- Flight data recorder from crashed Air India plane recovered (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- 150 bodies recovered from Mangalore crash site - May 22, 2010
- Mangalore crash: Authorities still looking for 'Black Box' - May 24, 2010
Tags: air crash, air india, aircraft accident, boeing, boeing 737 800, crash site, digital flight data, dna tests, flames, flight data recorder, forensic team, hyderabad, investigators, plane crash, survivors