Maneka Gandhi wins in Aonla after re-countingMay 16th, 2009 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
Aonla, May 16 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former Union Minister Maneka Gandhi has won the Aonla Parliamentary constituency after re-counting.
Earlier, Maneka Gandhi was declared to have lost by 22,000 votes to her rival Dharmendra Kashyap of the Samajwadi Party (SP).
But, later re-counting of votes took place and Gandhi was declared winner.
Meanwhile, Maneka’s son Varun Gandhi has also won the Pilibhit parliamentary seat. (ANI)
- Maneka Gandhi loses (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Maneka Gandhi loses - May 16, 2009
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Congress neck deep in corruption: Maneka Gandhi - Aug 25, 2011
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- I won't forget my poll promises, Maneka tells Aonla - May 23, 2009
- With Maneka as candidate, Aonla weighs its options - Apr 05, 2009
- Petition seeks Maneka's disqualification too - Jul 02, 2009
- Muslim vote crucial in fifth phase (Poll Curtainraiser - Uttar Pradesh) - May 12, 2009
- 53 percent voting in Uttar Pradesh, Pilibhit beats records (Roundup) - May 13, 2009
- Maneka Gandhi charged with violating poll code - Mar 20, 2009
- 32 percent polling in Uttar Pradesh (Third Lead) - May 13, 2009
- BJP adds Ghaziabad mayor's seat to its kitty - Jul 08, 2012
- Jaswant Singh, Sushma Swaraj win, Maneka Gandhi loses - May 16, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012