Maneka Gandhi files her nomination from AonlaApril 18th, 2009 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
Bareilly (Uttar Pradesh), Apr 18 (ANI): Former Union Minister and mother of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi, Maneka Gandhi, filed her nomination papers from Aonla parliamentary constituency in Bareilly District on Saturday.
The 52-year-old BJP candidate, accompanied by local party leaders, filed her papers before the Bareilly District Magistrate at collectorate office here.
Maneka, who was the sitting MP from Pilibhit, had shifted to Aonla constituency for her son Varun Gandhi, who was recently mired into a controversy following his alleged inflammatory anti-Muslim speeches.
Varun, who was expected to accompany her mother during the filing of nomination was not present.
As per the affidavit filed by Maneka Gandhi along with the nomination papers, total assets disclosed by her were around Rs 18 crore. (ANI)
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Petition seeks Maneka's disqualification too - Jul 02, 2009
- Congress neck deep in corruption: Maneka Gandhi - Aug 25, 2011
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- Varun Gandhi to file his nomination from Pilibhit today - Apr 22, 2009
- I will continue promoting 'nationalism': Varun - Apr 28, 2009
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- I won't forget my poll promises, Maneka tells Aonla - May 23, 2009
- Shoes hurled at Varun Gandhi's cavalcade - Nov 12, 2011
- Maneka Gandhi loses (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Varun Gandhi files his nomination from Pilibhit, promises to fight for poor - Apr 22, 2009
- After BSP, Rahul Gandhi targets BJP - Dec 29, 2011
- Maneka Gandhi wins in Aonla after re-counting - May 16, 2009
- Varun Gandhi gets apex court notice for poll speeches - Dec 02, 2011
- Notice to Varun Gandhi for defamatory remarks during Lok Sabha polls - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: affidavit, assets, bjp candidate, controversy, district magistrate, janata party, maneka gandhi, mp, muslim, nomination papers, parliamentary constituency, party leaders, speeches, union minister, uttar pradesh, varun gandhi