Manchester City to offer Ronaldinho 30 million poundsJune 19th, 2008 - 2:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Manchester Citys attempt to sign Ronaldinho has moved a step closer after Italian club AC Milan admitted that it could not compete with Citys offer of 30 million pounds in wages.
The Italians admitted defeat in the chase for the Barcelona star after the 180,000 pounds-a-week proposal.
AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said: We simply cannot compete with certain figures anymore. I cannot ignore the fact Italian football is now in fourth position in Europe behind England, Spain and Germany.
Manchester City has offered Ronaldinho 9.5million pounds a year. We can only compete with that if Barcelona give him away for free, The Sun quoted Galliani, as saying.
On top of the massive three-year wage deal for Ronaldinho, City owner Thaksin Shinawatra will also have to give 20million pounds to buy the Brazilian playmaker from Barcelona.
But the former Thai Prime Minister hopes much of his outlay will be recouped in commercial deals.
In a year at the Eastlands helm, Shinawatra has spent 50million pounds on players.
New boss Mark Hughes has been told there is a lot of cash to spend this summer.
Citys offer for Ronaldinho dwarfs the Premier Leagues current biggest pay deals. (ANI)
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
- Manchester City reject Milan's Tevez bid - Dec 11, 2011
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Tevez is money-seeker, says Seedorf - Dec 12, 2011
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
- Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi - Jul 13, 2012
- Fans want Ronaldinho out of Flamengo - Apr 07, 2012
- AC Milan confirm talks for sale of Brazil star Silva - Jun 13, 2012
- Blackburn's Indian owners left red-faced over Ronaldinho Twitter claim - Jan 03, 2011
- PSG eyes $85 mn-bid for Brazilian duo - Jun 03, 2012
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Manchester Citys world record 175million pound offer for Kaka - Jan 14, 2009
- Bad boy Balotelli issues plea for help to Italian team coach - Mar 22, 2011
- Sneijder ready to sign for Manchester United - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: 30 million, ac milan, adriano gallithai prime minister, chase, citys, commercial deals, helm, italian club, italian football, italians, manchester city, mark hughes, new boss, outlay, playmaker, ronaldinho, thaksin shinawatra, vice president, wages