Man astonishes onlookers by swimming with his limbs tiedJune 16th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by ANI
Varanasi, June 16 (ANI): A police sub-inspector amazed onlookers in the holy city of Varanasi by swimming with his limbs tied.
Suresh Babu Soni emphasized that he developed the art after he was rescued from drowning when he wasn’t familiar with swimming.
“When I was about to drown in 1987 and I did not know how to swim, a man, Hazari Prasahd Nishad saved me and taught me swimming. After I perfected it, I thought that I was about to drown in spite of having my hands and legs, so I thought to develop an art of swimming without the use of my limbs,” said Soni.
Appreciating the confidence of Soni, onlookers were thrilled by the incredible act.
“I appreciate his confidence, how can one swim with his limbs tied? I even screamed on seeing that he was drowning but felt really happy when I saw him coming out,” an onlooker said.
Soni, who enjoys swimming stunts, wants his name to be registered in Limbca book of records. (ANI)
- Cop swims across river with hands, legs tied - Jun 15, 2009
- Desi 'Kill Bill' series with Neetu Chandra? - Apr 07, 2012
- Water challenge toughest: Renner - Aug 13, 2012
- You all must die, screamed Norway gunman - Jul 24, 2011
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012
- Aarti Chhabria wins 'Fear Factor 4', gives credit to Akshay - Jul 24, 2011
- Bodies of three IAF men found in lake - Oct 03, 2010
- Schoolgirl chokes to death after imitating suicide scene - Dec 27, 2011
- Man dies in a BMW stunt in Oberviehbach - Sep 06, 2012
- A 5'1" teenager who saved a 6'7" friend from drowning - Sep 03, 2011
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
- Lady Gaga haunted by devil - Feb 21, 2012
- Director complains against actress Padmapriya - Jul 11, 2012
- Elderly father dies while saving drowning daughter - Jul 16, 2011