Man admits murdering Bangladeshi chefDecember 1st, 2008 - 7:49 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Dec.1 (ANI): A man who bashed and stabbed a chef to death while robbing an Indian restaurant of just 600 dollars, has pleaded guilty to murder.
Peter Ruben Webb, 38, pleaded guilty to murdering Mohammed Kader, 67, at Petersham on January 28 last year, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
He admitted his guilt before the NSW Supreme Court on Monday.
His accomplice, Michael John Jackson, 31, pleaded guilty to Kader’’s manslaughter.
Justice Roderick Howie was told Webb stabbed Kader, a Bangladeshi national who had been living in Australia since 1992, at the All Indian Flavour Restaurant.
He and Jackson then escaped in a stolen car with the restaurant’’s cash register containing 649.10 dollars.
According to a crown statement handed to the judge, Kader worked intermittently as a chef in various Sydney restaurants to support himself and his extended family who still lived in Bangladesh.
The statement said Webb and Jackson agreed to commit the robbery together and used a stolen car, from which was taken the vehicle steering wheel club lock. Kader was at the sink washing dishes at the rear of the restaurant when Webb entered the premises with the lock.
They became involved in a struggle, during which Webb struck Kader with the lock before picking up a knife from a kitchen bench and stabbing him twice to the abdomen.
Jackson then entered the restaurant and grabbed the cash register before the robbers fled.
Justice Howie will hear sentencing submissions for Webb on December 11, while Jackson’’s case will be mentioned on February 6. (ANI)
- Oz teen pleads guilty to Indian student Nitin Garg's murder - Apr 20, 2011
- Another Australian boy pleads guilty to Indian's murder - Oct 22, 2010
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Man who killed wife's lover in bed jailed for 5 years - Aug 03, 2012
- Germany's dumbest bank robber (Osnabruck resident) jailed for 7 years - Dec 02, 2011
- Huntington, West Virginia, drug dealer sentenced to 70 months in prison - Feb 10, 2010
- Indian-origin Kiwi resident stuffs toddler in washer after double murder - Nov 25, 2010
- Plumber Melvyn Careswell jailed for tax evasion - Jul 27, 2012
- US porn star, lover beat tattoo shop owner to death - May 22, 2012
- Man leaves behind $1 million in Australian restaurant - Nov 23, 2011
- Picasso, most stolen artist - Jan 29, 2012
- British couple shot dead on honeymoon - Nov 02, 2011
- US man dubbed 'most stupid criminal ever' pleads guilty to burglary - Feb 24, 2011
- Rs.14 lakh stolen from Ghaziabad district office - May 31, 2012
- Australia chef kills ex-wife for calling him 'eunuch' - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: abdomen, accomplice, cash register, extended family, guilt, kader, kitchen bench, living in australia, manslaughter, mohammed, morning herald, nsw supreme court, peter ruben, petersham, robbers, robbery, steering wheel, sydney morning herald, sydney restaurants, washing dishes