Mamata has done a competent job, says Manmohan SinghJuly 3rd, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 3 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Friday said that Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has done a highly competent job by presenting a pro-poor Rail budget.
Talking to reporters here, Dr Singh said, “No additional burden has been added by way of increase in freight or passenger fares.”
“She has outlined a program of modernising 50 railway stations to world class standards,” he added.
“A large number of amenties have been mentioned by way of using the innovative financing mechanism of public-private partnership,” Dr. Singh said.
“The Railway Minister has focused on improving safety and security for passengers, thus making railway travel an enjoyable experience, he added. (ANI)
- 'Very competent' job by Mamata in short time: PM - Jul 03, 2009
- West Bengal's industry welcomes railway budget - Feb 25, 2011
- PM regrets Trivedi's departure as railway minister (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Quiet freight hike to pull railways out of red - Mar 19, 2012
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- PM regrets Trivedi's going; Mukul Roy to be sworn in Tuesday (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- PM lauds Mamata, says 'Rail Budget' a common man's budget - Feb 25, 2011
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Intro Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Mamata meets peoples' expectation with populist Railway Budget - Jul 03, 2009
- Stress on safety, security, punctuality: Mukul Roy - Mar 26, 2012
- It's common man's budget, says PM (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Some hail rail budget, others call it populist - Feb 25, 2011
- Budget pro-people, projects for all parts of India: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- Trivedi replacement a 'farce', says CPI-M (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 19, 2012
- CPI-M blasts rail fare hikes - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,