Mamata for enhancing comforts for passengersJune 4th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 4 (ANI): Union Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee said that Indian Railways’ determined efforts will be to keep enhancing passenger amenities and comforts to a higher level, both in trains and on railway stations.
In her message to the Railway personnel after assuming the charge of office of the Union Railway Minister, Banerjee urged all the railwaymen to provide ’service with smile’.
Banerjee said that Railways are committed to protect and nurture the commercial interest, but it has to be done with a human face.
Appreciating the hard work and dedication of railwaymen, she said, “While performing the duties in the length and breadth of the country, railwaymen should always be alert to maintain the highest level of safety and security of Indian Railways as ’safety never sleeps’.”
“It is Railway’s bounden duty not to compromise on safety standards and to ensure security of the travelling millions of fellow countrymen,” she added.
She further pointed out that a large number of initiatives are being taken by the Railways for strengthening and modernizing network and infrastructure.
The Minister called upon all the railwaymen to work together to enhance all out improvement in the functioning of the Railways through innovative means.
In her message, she appealed all members of railway family to strive together to bring the Indian Railways to a greater height. (ANI)
- Stern action against employees delaying trains: Mamata - Dec 30, 2009
- Railway top brass appeals to employees for strengthening system - Nov 12, 2009
- Dinesh Trivedi speaks to Mamata, to quit (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Fare hike needed to provide amenities: Trivedi (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- PM regrets Trivedi's departure as railway minister (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Indian Railways to introduce double-decker trains - Feb 24, 2010
- Rail Budget: No hike in passenger, freight rates - Feb 24, 2010
- No rail accidents after new technology is installed: Mamata - Oct 07, 2010
- Trivedi proposes, but his own Trinamool opposes - Mar 14, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi: Banerjee's second choice as railway minister challenges his leader (Profile) - Mar 14, 2012
- Mamata asks police, fire, KMC to work together for public safety - Jan 02, 2012
- Opposition attacks government on NCTC, PM reaches out (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Unions appeal to PM to bailout railways - Feb 14, 2012
- Mamata regrets country's poor soccer standards (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Stress on safety, security, punctuality: Mukul Roy - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: breadth, commercial interest, dedication, fellow countrymen, human face, indian railways, infrastructure, initiatives, mamata banerjee, New Delhi, passenger amenities, railway minister, railway stations, safety and security, safety standards, smile, trains