Mamata does a balancing act with her deputiesJune 16th, 2009 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 16(ANI): Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has allocated equal work to her two Ministers of State E Ahmed and K H Muniyappa.
According to a Railway Ministry notification, apart from her home state of West Bengal the Trinmool Congress leader has decided to keep the states like Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra under her direct supervision. She has allocated Bihar, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Assam and Jharkhand to E Ahmed, and Karnataka, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh to K H Muniyappa.
Ahamed will also look into the punctuality of trains, ticket checking and cleanliness of railway premises and complaints regarding passenger trains.
Muniyappa will handle complaints regarding goods traffic and cases related to Pay Commission, railway safety and security, level crossings, construction of roads over and under bridges.
Ahamed will handle replies to unstarred questions in the Rajya Sabha while Muniyappa has been asked to handle replies in the Lok Sabha. (ANI)
- Ahamed to oversee passenger amenities, complaints in railway ministry - Jun 16, 2009
- Details of Mamata's travel as union minister to be shared - Jun 22, 2011
- 'Railways working to improve standard of cleanliness, amenities in trains' - Aug 12, 2010
- Prime minister concerned over unmanned railway crossings - Jun 01, 2011
- Work commences on Udhampur-Baramulla rail project - Dec 03, 2009
- Opposition slams government over 'political vacuum' in rail ministry (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Mumbai suburban commuters assured of better facilities (With Image) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ignoring PM directive, Mukul Roy leaves for Junglemahal - Jul 12, 2011
- Mamata complains of chest pain after convoy hit by lorry - Aug 10, 2010
- Over 4,200 illegal settlements on railway land in national capital region - Aug 04, 2011
- Railway want PPP mode for high speed trains - Nov 04, 2011
- 'Railways cannot be run on auto pilot' - Aug 20, 2010
- E. Ahamed returns to MEA after two years - Jan 19, 2011
- Railways soft target for Maoists: Minister - Jul 30, 2010
- Railways running without insurance cover - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: ahamed, chhattisgarh, congress leader, himachal, jammu and kashmir, jharkhand, level crossings, Lok Sabha, madhya pradesh, mamata banerjee, ministers of state, passenger trains, punctuality, railway minister, railway premises, railway safety, rajya sabha, state of west bengal, tamil nadu, uttarakhand