Mamata, Buddhadeb hold talks over Singur impasseSeptember 12th, 2008 - 10:39 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Sept 12 (ANI): West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday held talks with Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee to settle the Singur impasse.
The talks were held at Calcutta Information Centre.
The Chief Minister expressed the desire to hold immediate talks with Banerjee, on the basis of the “satisfactory progress” achieved on Friday’’s meeting between the State Government officials and the Trinamool Congress.
Bhattacharjee, who was accompanied by State Housing Minister Gautam deb, met Banerjee, who was assisted by Partha Chatterjee, an opposition leader.
Chatterjee said that Bhattacharjee had telephoned Banerjee and urged her to sit for an immediate discussion to settle the issue.
The TMC chief, he said, responded positively to the Chief Minister’’s request.
The meeting came shortly after the State Government placed ‘’specific proposals” to TMC this afternoon during talks with the land search committee.
The committee was formed as part of an agreement reached last Sunday between Bhattacharjee and Banerjee at the Raj Bhavan to look for land available in the Tata Motors project area in Singur for farmers who have not been compensated. (ANI)
- Buddhadeb, Biman, Mamata at same function - at long last - May 20, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Intro Roundup) - May 21, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- West Bengal housing minister threatened me: Mamata - Nov 04, 2010
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Mamata to be sworn in as West Bengal chief minister Friday (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Left Front leaders to attend Mamata's swearing-in - May 20, 2011
- Mamata government says it stands by farmers - Jun 22, 2012
- Timeline of Left Front government in West Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Men who will matter in Mamata's Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Will be a responsible opposition: CPI-M - May 13, 2011
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- CPI-M insulting national emblem: Trinamool - Apr 22, 2011
- Tight security for Mamata's swearing-in - May 19, 2011
Tags: bhattacharjee, calcutta, chief minister, gautam, housing minister, impasse, information centre, land search, last sunday, mamata banerjee, opposition leader, partha chatterjee, raj bhavan, satisfactory progress, search committee, state government officials, tata motors, tmc, trinamool congress, west bengal