Mall culture catches up in MeerutOctober 29th, 2008 - 4:06 pm ICT by ANI
By Vijay Pratap Singh
Meerut, Oct. 29 (ANI): With the metro cities like Delhi increasingly adapting to shopping at malls, a sleepy town like Meerut is also catching up.
The growing charm to take to the mall culture is indicated by the proposal to establish two dozen shopping complexes during the next two years.
The exclusive shopping malls and multiplexes coming up in the heart of the city is a common sight, attracting the youngsters to hope to choose from a wide range of products under a single roof.
“Malls are air-conditioned and entertainment while making shopping a pleasure. There are a lot of varieties and we get a good scheme which is why people go to malls The mall concept is very different for us in today’’s times. A customer visits the mall with a thought to buy a lot of things under a single roof,” said Subash Malik, customer.
PVS Mall is one such happening mall in Meerut. Its been four years to this mall and today it holds a wide range of products from clothes, footwear, and restaurants to children games for customers.
Other than offering shoppers more value for money, the scale of operations generates employment opportunities, direct and indirect, for thousands of people.
“The government has given plots to make multiplexes in Uttar Pradesh. Meerut was the first district to start off a mall under the Uttar Pradesh Awas Vikas Parishad. We constructed this shopping mall in 2004. People used to go to Delhi earlier to buy such products but now we have provided them the same service at such malls. It has popular eating joints like McDonalds, Pizza Hut and other departmental stores under one roof,” said Ashok Goyal, Managing Director, PVS Mall.
Families wishing to watch movies in such malls are happy to step into the eatery joints that are now in their neighbourhood.
“We get a lot of things to buy and look at under one single roof. If a father and his daughter come to watch a movie, they can also enjoy eating within the mall instead of going elsewhere. These malls hence provide a lot of entertainment,” said Virendra Mishra, a mall visitor. (ANI)
- Automobile buffs visit International auto show in Hyderabad - Jul 25, 2010
- Match screening allowed, Lucknow fans throng theatres - Apr 02, 2011
- Malls - where designers love to sell - Apr 15, 2011
- Patna emerging luxe centre in eastern India - Sep 12, 2011
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
- Royal Enfield thumps in with new Thunderbird - Jan 05, 2012
- TV has bigger reach than films, says Akshay - May 23, 2012
- 'India single most important focus' for US luxury brand Zippo - Jun 06, 2012
- Wedding expo attracts people in Ludhiana - Dec 06, 2010
- Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATM - Oct 22, 2011
- Cartier plans to expand in India - Oct 10, 2011
- True Spa - a spacious spa in Mumbai (IANS Spa Review) (With Images) - Aug 23, 2010
- Tata Housing launches GoodLife pan-India retail brand - Mar 13, 2012
- Forever 21 launches flagship store in India - Sep 18, 2010
- Shop, eat, shop at Delhi's '360-degree' lifestyle stores - May 02, 2010
Tags: ashok, children games, departmental stores, goyal, heart of the city, mall culture, mcdonalds, meerut, metro cities, multiplexes, neighbourhood, pizza hut, pratap singh, shopping complexes, shopping mall, shopping malls, sleepy town, vijay, vikas, youngsters