Malegaon blast suspects to be produced before Mumbai court todayDecember 3rd, 2008 - 11:24 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Dec 3 (ANI): The Malegaon blast suspects will be produced in a special court here today.
On November 25, a special court had extended their judicial custody till today.
Police had arrested at least ten people, including Lt. Colonel Srikant Prasad Purohit, a serving army officer, Dayanand Pandey, a Hindu monk and God-woman Pragya Singh over alleged involvement in the blast in Malegaon.
Last week, the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of Maharashtra, which is investigating the case, had invoked the tough anti-gangster Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against the suspects.
Police argued for fresh custody of the accused but the court turned down their plea.
Shrikant Shivade, a counsel of the accused had said they were being “tortured” and forced into confession.
Five people were killed in the blasts that hit the Muslim-dominated town on September 29. (ANI)
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Mumbai court extends judicial custody of Malegaon blast suspects to December 3 - Nov 25, 2008
- Malegaon blast: Purohit's custodial interrogation put off - Mar 21, 2012
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Army officer denied bail by apex court (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC brings backs MCOCA charge against Sadhvi Pragya - Jul 19, 2010
- Ajmer blast case: CBI arrests 'mastermind' Swami Asimanand in Haridwar - Nov 19, 2010
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Ajmer blast case: Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody till Nov. 30 - Nov 20, 2010
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
Tags: army officer, ats, blasts, confession, crime act, gangster, god woman, hindu monk, judicial custody, lt colonel, maharashtra, malegaon blast, muslim, plea, pragya, prasad, september 29, shrikant, srikant, terrorism