Malegaon blast case chargesheet to be filed todayJanuary 20th, 2009 - 12:45 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 20 (ANI): Maharashtra Police will file a chargesheet in connection with the Malegaon blast case before a Maharashtra Control of Organized Crime Act (MCOCA) court. The police is not expected to seek an extension for filing the chargesheet.
The court will also hear bail application of the five main alleged perpetrators in the September 29 Malegaon blasts, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, Lt Col S P Purohit,who was working with Military Intelligence, Ajay Rahirkar, Shivnarayan Kalsangra and Sham Sahu.
The MCOCA court had earlier remanded all the eleven accused till January 20 to judicial custody.
The Anti-terrorism squad of the Maharashtra Police hasl not been successful in arresting three other accused in the case.
Joint Commissoner Hemant Karkare, who died in the recent Mumbai terror attacks, probating the case. (ANI)
- Malegaon blast case chargesheet filed - Jan 20, 2009
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC brings backs MCOCA charge against Sadhvi Pragya - Jul 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- India wont hand over Malegaon suspect to Pak, says its an internal matter - Jan 20, 2009
- Court upholds charges against Malegaon accused under stringent law (Lead) - Jan 22, 2009
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- ATS files charge sheet against Malegaon blast accused - Jan 20, 2009
Tags: crime act, january 20, judicial custody, lt, maharashtra police, malegaon blast, malegaon blasts, military intelligence, organized crime, perpetrators, purohit, september 29, sham, terror attacks, terrorism, thakur