Maldives President invites Indian industrialists to invest in his countryDecember 24th, 2008 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 24 (ANI): Maldives President Mohammad ”Anni” Nasheed extended an invitation to Indian industrialists and entrepreneurs to invest in state owned industries in Maldives.
Nasheed, who is on a three-day visit to India, said his government was seeking Indian industrialists, entrepreneurs to be partners in joint ventures in running the present state owned industries in Maldives.
“During the last so many years, the government of Maldives has accumulated a number of state owned industries. We are seeking Indian industrialists, entrepreneurs to be partners in joint ventures in running the industries in Maldives,” he added.
Meanwhile, Nasheed is meeting Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to push for strenghtening ties between the two countries following change in the regime in Maldives.
Besides this the two leaders are expected to sign many agreements on various areas of cooperation.
Nasheed will also call on his Indian counterpart Pratibha Patil who will host a banquet in his honour this evening.
He is accompanied by a high level delegation including a number of ministers and senior officials.
This is the first official visit of Nasheed as Maldivian President after defeating Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, Asia’’s longest-serving leader.
Maldives enjoys strong and cordial relations with India and has been a major partner of Maldives development extending generous assistance.
The Indian Government has pledged 100 million dollars in aid to Maldives during the recent visit of the new Government’’s Foreign Minister Ahmed Shaheed. (ANI)
- India, Maldives sign bilateral agreements - Dec 24, 2008
- Maldives' ex-president Gayoom returns to homeland - Mar 06, 2012
- Nasheed disappointed with India, says Maldives ex-foreign minister (Interview) - Feb 12, 2012
- Nasheed disappointed with India, says Maldives ex-foreign minister (Interview) (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Nasheed 'happy' with India's approach: Ex-minister - Feb 16, 2012
- Maldives President to meet Prime Minister today - Dec 24, 2008
- Maldives President arrives in New Delhi - Dec 23, 2008
- Refused military offers of a counter-coup: Ex-Maldivian president - Apr 18, 2012
- Maldives President Nasheed resigns after public protests, mutiny - Feb 08, 2012
- Maldivian President Waheed to make first ever visit to India - May 10, 2012
- PM pledges support to new Maldivian president - Feb 08, 2012
- Mathai in Maldives for talks amid deepening crisis (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Male calm as new president readies national government (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Ousted Maldives president coming to press for early polls - Apr 11, 2012
- No Indian push on unconstitutional polls: Maldivian president (Lead) - May 14, 2012
Tags: 100 million, cordial relations, dec 24, dr manmohan singh, foreign minister, generous assistance, indian counterpart, indian government, industrialists, joint ventures, level delegation, manmohan, manmohan singh, maumoon abdul gayoom, nasheed, New Delhi, pratibha patil, president mohammad, relations with india, senior officials