Malaysian man must prove physical, financial state for netting fourth wife!May 19th, 2008 - 1:38 pm ICT by admin
Kuala Lumpur, May 19 (ANI): It seems that Mohamed Nor Awang, an odd-job worker in Malaysia, will not get a fourth wife so easily.
The countrys Syariah High Court has postponed its decision on whether to allow Awang to take a fourth wife, even though his three current wives consented to it.
On May 15, Judge Shaikh Ahmad Ismail ordered the 57-year-old lorry driver from Kampung Tok Fakir in Merchang, Marang to provide strong reasons for him to take another wife.
Shaikh Ahmad said the court feared that with an income of just RM1,500 a month, and already having three wives and 18 children aged between four and 34, he would be in no position to support another wife and treat all his wives in the same way.
The three wives, Wan Rukiah Mat Yusof, 52, Kalthom Dollah, 39, and Noraini Daud, 40, said they were all willing to share Mohamed Nor with prospective fourth wife, clerk Suzi Sulong, 34, from Jalan Sekolah Kebangsaan Chendering.
On a hearing on May 18, Mohamed Nor failed to substantiate his financial and physical ability to take another wife.
It is not difficult for the court to grant the permission for polygamy but it has to be based on solid foundation. You need to have not only the financial capability but also the physical ability, the Malaysia Star quoted him, as saying.
He said that he was confident of his ability of be fair to all his wives, creating a harmonious marriage and supporting his wives.
My would-be wife likes me and we are already engaged, he said. (ANI)
- Three wives approve Malaysian man's fourth marriage - May 16, 2008
- Malaysian odd worker given go-ahead for fourth marriage - Jul 01, 2008
- Malaysian mans three wives happy to see him get fourth! - May 16, 2008
- Why do you want fourth wife, asks Malaysian judge - May 19, 2008
- Muslim men in polygamous unions 'happier than their wives' - Aug 25, 2010
- Boobs fetish lands Malaysian teen in jail - Sep 25, 2010
- Malaysian man, 110, to marry 82-yr-old woman who agreed to be his bride - Jan 03, 2011
- Junior Asia Cup: India beaten by Malaysia in semis - May 10, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Four wives beat Bangladesh man to death - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Killer massage' is 108-yr-old Malay woman's key to keeping 38-yr-old hubby - Aug 02, 2010
- Massage makes young hubby committed, says wife, 108 - Aug 02, 2010
- Malay-Sikh hair cutting case: Minister says action to be taken against culprits - Jan 21, 2011
- Malaysian men with four wives reveals secret of blissful polygamy - Sep 13, 2010
- Divorces due to unfaithful wives on the rise in Malaysia - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: ahmad ismail, chendering, countrys, fakir, financial capability, harmonious marriage, lorry driver, malaysia star, malaysian man, marang, mohamed, noraini, odd job, physical ability, polygamy, rm1, shaikh ahmad, solid foundation, sulong, three wives