Major General raided for possessing assets beyond his known incomeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
Kapoor is attached with the Army Ordnance Corps and posted with the South Western Command at Jaipur.
During the searches, the agency claimed to have recovered documents showing investment of Rs 1.3 crore in fixed deposits and seized Rs six lakh in cash from his Sainik Farms House.
Twelve credit cards were also recovered, it said.
The aggregate disproportionate assets have been assessed at Rs 4.78 crore, the CBI alleged.
The CBI said that it was questioning Major General Kapoor in Jaipur while his wife was being interrogated at their Sanik Farms house.
The CBI had already sought sanction to register a case and carry out searches against him from the Defence Ministry after apprising them about the findings of the CBI’s preliminary enquiry.
Defence Minister A K Antony, while reacting to the CBI raid on a senior Army official, said “the armed forces are a disciplined force and any aberration would be dealt with sternly.”
While making it clear that wrong doings will not go unpunished in the forces, he said “we will not tolerate corruption.”
The CBI’s FIR claimed that Major General Kapoor and his family members had six immovable properties worth a total Rs 5.33 crore in Delhi, Shimla and Gurgaon.
The accused and his family members also had bank balances and fixed deposits to the tune of Rs 57.86 lakh and various other investments totalling Rs 1.21 crore, the CBI said.
During the searches so far, the CBI claimed to have recovered fixed deposit receipts worth Rs 1.3 crore and four bank locker keys, the sources said.
The CBI alleged that the Army official had purchased the properties in his own name, his wife’s name and also in the joint name.
It claimed that during the searches, sleuths also recovered documents showing commercial property in Gurgaon (Haryana), agriculture land of 2.2 acres in Bijwasan, a flat in HUDA .
Fifty bottles of whisky were also recovered.
The earnings of the Major General was being compueted for his entire service in the army which started from 1971 till 2006.
Ahead of his posting in Jaipur, Major General Kapoor was posted at the Army Ordnance Corps at the Army headquarters in New Delhi. (ANI)
- Lok Sabha speaker's secretary removed after CBI raids - Sep 02, 2011
- FIRs against five companies allocated coal blocks (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's homes, offices (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- CBI begins preliminary probe in defence land scam - Jan 13, 2012
- Arrested tax official has assets worth crores - Sep 07, 2011
- CBI raids Marans, DMK silent - Oct 10, 2011
- Cash, jewellery worth Rs.11.61 crore seized from Ponty Chadha - Feb 16, 2012
- CBI arrests Punjab Police officer for graft (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- CBI raids houses, offices of former defence officials, builder - Jan 31, 2012
- Kalmadi to appear before CBI next week - Dec 29, 2010
- Yeddyurappa seeks anticipatory bail as CBI raids continue (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Soldier, another arrested for 'magic mirror' fraud - Apr 24, 2012
- CWG scam: CBI files case against four MTNL officials - Jun 08, 2011
- Timeline of 2G spectrum case - May 20, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal together have Rs.30 crore undisclosed income - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: accused, anand kumar, army official, army ordnance corps, assets, cbi, crore, deposit receipts, family members, fir, fixed deposits, immovable properties, jaipur, lakh, recovered documents, rs 1, sainik farms, sanik