Major fire left 8000 transformers gutted in PunjabMay 24th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Kotkapura (Punjab), May 24 (ANI): A major fire destroyed a power sub-station at Kotkapura near Faridkot on Saturday. Although the inferno caused enormous damage, there have been no casualties reported.
The fire broke out at around 6′o clock in the evening reportedly by a short circuit at the 132 KV power grid sub-station and gutted around 8,000 old and new transformers, power cables and property worth millions of rupees.
More than seven fire brigade tenders including a couple from the military were rushed to the spot.
Since the power service station is close to a residential area, authorities asked the residents to vacate immediately.
Meanwhile, the district administration is taking stock of the situation to investigate the cause of the devastating fire. (ANI)
- Major fire leaves 8000 transformers gutted in Punjab - May 24, 2009
- Major fire at Kanpur power station - Jun 09, 2011
- Major fire in Punjab's Kotkapura area - May 23, 2009
- Delhi power station blaze doused, no casualty (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stations - Aug 05, 2012
- Major fire at Delhi power station (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Over 500 huts gutted in Delhi, no casualties - Apr 05, 2011
- Fire in Delhi's Krishi Bhawan, no casualties - Feb 11, 2011
- Power cuts in some Delhi areas Tuesday - Oct 03, 2011
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: authorities, casualties, district administration, enormous damage, faridkot, fire brigade, inferno, kotkapura, kv, may 24, o clock, power cables, power grid, residential area, rupees, short circuit, taking stock, tenders, transformers