Major fire engulfs a chemical factory in SuratFebruary 13th, 2008 - 4:01 pm ICT by admin
Surat (Gujarat), Feb 13 (ANI): A major fire broke out at a chemical factory in Surat in the early hours of Wednesday, causing huge losses.
The incident occurred at the Amol Metallic Company in Udhana in Surat, which manufactures photo film coating chemicals.
At least 20 fire engines were rushed to the site to douse the flames.
Authorities said that though no casualties were reported the fire caused huge loss to property.
“There is no loss of life, and nearby residential slum has been evacuated,’ said Mahesh Singh, a civic administration official.
Firemen took around six hours to bring the raging fire under control, which had started to spread to some nearby textile mills.
The cause of the fire is not known but usually old and faulty electrical wiring in buildings lead to short circuits. The inadequate fire safety measures worsened the condition further. (ANI)
Tags: administration official, authorities, casualties, civic administration, coating chemicals, electrical wiring, film coating, fire engines, fire safety, firemen, flames, losses, mahesh, photo film, raging fire, short circuits, six hours, slum, surat gujarat, textile mills