Major fire breaks out in parcel coach of Shiv Ganga ExpressNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
“It was loaded with cargo, but we cannot say exactly what was there in the cargo,” Moria said.
Passengers travelling on the train, however, said that one person died due to suffocation.
“When the coach caught fire, everyone jumped off the train, but he (the deceased) was sleeping,” said Rajkumar, who was travelling on the train.
While passengers have been shifted to other compartment of the train, an investigation has been ordered into the incident.
Meanwhile, the train services, which were stopped due to the incident, have been restored. (ANI)
- 35 killed as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Alive by God's grace, says train fire survivor - Jul 30, 2012
- Minor fire in Shatabdi Express - Mar 29, 2012
- Railway begins probe into Jharkhand train fire - Nov 23, 2011
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Jharkhand train fire: Police disagree with sabotage theory - Nov 23, 2011
- Five killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Teacher thrown off train, dies - Aug 27, 2012
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Rooftop train travel kills five - Sep 25, 2011
- Shutdown disrupts life across UP, train services disrupted - May 31, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Survivors of Doon Express mishap recount horror - Jun 01, 2012
- Train fire: Most passengers charred to death in sleep - Jul 30, 2012
- Chiranjeevi, Naidu blame railway's negligence for disaster - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: casualties, coach, deceased, ganga, house officer, investigation, moria, one person, police force, railway police, rajkumar, shiv, station house, suffocation, train services, travelling on the train, varanasi