Maharashtrian should get a chance to become PM: PawarMarch 13th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Mar 13 (ANI): The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Friday said a Maharashtrian should also be given an opportunity to occupy the Prime Ministers chair.
There is a feeling among Maharashtrian people that a number of states like Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat , and Karnataka have got a chance to occupy the Prime Ministers office. So Maharashtra should get an opportunity as well, Pawar told a local TV news channel.
He, however, said one should not think of becoming the Prime Minister when he or she is contesting from limited number of seats.
If my party is contesting hardly 30-35 seats in the entire country, how can anybody expect that I can take the responsibility to lead the nation with such a small number, he said. (ANI)
- A Maharashtrian should get a chance to become PM: Pawar - Mar 13, 2009
- NCP skips cabinet meeting over 'problems' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Maharashtrian should be PM, says Pawar; sorry, responds Congress (Lead) - Mar 13, 2009
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- Pawar mulls quitting electoral politics - Jan 28, 2012
- Congress, NCP ally to dislodge saffron combine from BMC - Jan 11, 2012
- Pawar in favour of 50 percent reservation for women - Feb 27, 2011
- Sharad Pawar targets Maharashtra government - Jun 02, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Maharashtra politicians condemn Pawar attack - Nov 24, 2011
- Has Antony replaced Pranab as number two in cabinet? - Jul 13, 2012
- Court has not blamed PM in 2G scam: Pawar - Feb 03, 2012
- NCP backs Manmohan Singh as prime minister - Mar 25, 2009
- After Mamata, Pawar headache for Congress - Jan 09, 2012
- Ajit Pawar will be Maharashtra deputy chief minister - Nov 10, 2010