Maharashtra’s Achalpur city tense after stone pelting of Goddess Durga idolNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
The enraged mob went on a rampage, ransacking shops and setting at least 50 of them on fire.
Police had to resort to a baton charge to disperse the irate mob and bring the situation under control.
The injured have been admitted to a state-run hospital. Around 150 people have been arrested.
Curfew has been clamped in the town. Police officials are also carrying out house to house searches in the area for miscreants. (ANI)
- Curfew imposed in old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Civic chief's death sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh - May 08, 2010
- Three died in mob violence in Guwahati (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Curfew imposed in Andhra town - Mar 30, 2012
- Geelani arrested, dozens injured in Valley clashes (Night Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Curfew continues in parts of Kashmir valley due to stone pelting incidents - Sep 13, 2010
- Over a dozen protesters, five securitymen injured in Kashmir - Aug 16, 2010
- Violence in Anantnag after youth run over by army vehicle (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Curfew, clashes and shutdown hit Kashmir Valley again (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- One killed in Bareilly violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- 11 injured in Kolkata violence - Nov 07, 2011
- Two dead as Mumbai protest against Myanmar killings turns violent (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Stone pelter injured in clash with Police in Kulgam in J-K - Aug 18, 2010
- Two persons drown in Ichamati river - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: carrying out, curfew, devotees, enraged, fire police, goddess durga, have been admitted, immersion, irate mob, maharashtra, miscreants, police officials, procession, rampage, situation under control, tense, town police