Maharashtra Governer meets Raj ThackerayJanuary 30th, 2009 - 3:54 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 30 (ANI): Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray met Maharashtra Governor S C Jamir for about an hour on Friday in connection with the vandalisation of Mumbai University premises.
Raj was accompanied by key associates, including spokesperson Shirish Parkar, to the Raj Bhavan.
Details of the meeting were not disclosed.
Earlier this week, MNS student wing activists attacked the Mumbai University premises, destroying property after they were denied permission to hold talks with the vice chancellor.
The party had raised objections over the inclusion of social sciences and languages - Hindi, Marathi, Urdu and other languages - for students pursuing Bachelor of Arts. Six party leaders were arrested following the attack.
Jamir, in his capacity as chancellor of universities in the state, had summoned MNS chief to discuss the ransacking of the Registrar’’s chamber over the alleged neglect of Marathi students. (ANI)
- Raj Thackeray meets Maharashtra Governor - Jan 30, 2009
- MNS protests wrongful sacking of HSBC employees - May 04, 2012
- MNS opposes non-Marathi staff in Provident Fund office - May 10, 2010
- Yuva Sena, MNS create ruckus in Mumbai college - Mar 11, 2011
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Congress MP dares Uddhav, Raj to give up security - Oct 27, 2011
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- Modi ignores Uddhav, says Raj - Sep 21, 2011
- Thackerays seek urgent end to Maharashtra-Karnataka boundary row - Dec 19, 2011
- Rakhi Sawant, others join Raj's film workers' sena - Mar 24, 2011
- Censor board denies charges on Marathi film certification - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: activists, bachelor of arts, governer, inclusion, key associates, languages, mumbai university, neglect, objections, parkar, party leaders, raj bhavan, raj thackeray, social sciences, spokesperson, universities, university premises, vice chancellor