Maharashtra CM Chavan visits ailing Sathya Sai BabaApril 5th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
Puttaparthi, Apr 5 (ANI): Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan visited ailing spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba in Andhra Pradesh’s Puttaparthi town on Tuesday.
Ministers from all across the country are wishing speedy recovery to the spiritual leader, including Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Devotees, too, from all across the country are praying for Sathya Sai Baba’s health.
Devotees in Visakhapatnam said they had faith that the Sai Baba would recover, and his illness is a ‘temporary phase’.
“This illness, which Sai is supposed to have and now is in the hospital, we all feel particularly all the devotees, we feel that it is only a temporary phenomena, which Sai has taken somebody’s ailment, and he’s suffering like hell. Just as Lord Shiva had taken the poison to save the world and mankind, in the same way Sai has taken over somebody’s ailment and this illness is only to the body and I am sure that he will conquer it and will come out again,” said D. S. N. Murthy, Convener, Satya Sai Seva Samiti.
With thousands of devotees converging at his headquarters in Puttaparthi, the state police has issued prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, which prevents unlawful assembly.
Earlier, a health bulletin issued by the hospital said that his condition had deteriorated and he is now on a ventilator and receiving kidney dialysis.
“The vital systems are not adequately responding. The condition of Baba is critical. The panel of doctors treating him are doing their best to make the systems respond,” hospital director AN Safaya said in a statement.
The Sai Baba is estimated to have millions of followers around the world. His distinctive orange robes and hairstyle have made him one of the most recognisable of India’s spiritual gurus.
He professes to be the reincarnation of a Hindu godman –a human being who declares himself divine - from the 19th century.
Sai Baba counts former Indian prime ministers, prominent businessmen and India’s cricketers among his followers. (ANI)
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable - Apr 06, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba devotes pray for his recovery - Apr 08, 2011
- Spiritual leader Satya Sai Baba in critical condition - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 03, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Sai Baba's last rites Wednesday with state honours - Apr 24, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctors - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition shows signs of improvement - Apr 11, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable - Mar 29, 2011
- Sai Baba still on ventilator, but stable: Doctors (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be critical - Apr 19, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba: A village boy who became demi god (Obituary) - Apr 24, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: ailment, devotees, former indian prime ministers, health bulletin, hospital director, indian prime ministers, kidney dialysis, lord shiva, maharashtra chief minister, puttaparthi, recognisable, sathya sai baba, satya sai, speedy recovery, spiritual gurus, spiritual leader, sri sathya sai, sri sathya sai baba, temporary phase, unlawful assembly