Mahant Gyandas statement on Ram Mandir triggers tension in AyodhyaMay 22nd, 2009 - 10:06 pm ICT by ANI
Ayodhya, May 22 (ANI): The convener of the ‘religion protection organization’, Mahant Gyandas, has triggered a fresh controversy in Ayodhya by saying that the Ram temple will be built in the city.
He said a final decision about what approach to take for fulfilling the Ram temple dream will be taken in March 2010 when the saints from across the country will gather in Haridwar to take a dip in the holy Ganges on the occasion of ‘Maha Kumb’.
“It will be a battle till the end. Whatever we do, but the Ram temple will be constructed. If Ram temple is not constructed in Ayodhya, where will it be made, not in Mecca-Medina. This belongs to us and we should get it. It belongs to the Hindus and Ram temple will be made,” Gyandas said.
He added that the Hanumangarhi temple would be the new center for struggle to make the Ram temple.
His statements have triggered fresh tension in the area.
Reacting to Gyandas’s statements, Mohammad Hashim Ansari the complainant in the Babri Mosque demolition case said that the stones for the temple construction should be kept where they are and till the time the judgment of the court is not given.
“If the nation wants a secular government then the mosque should be made where it originally was. If instead of the mosque temple is constructed then history will have to be repeated,” said Ansari.
Ayodhya’s Police Superintendent Gyaneshwar Tiwari visited the Mahant Gyandas’ residence to enquire about issue. (ANI)
- Three key parties in Babri mosque title suit meet to discuss solution - Oct 09, 2010
- Akhara Parishad's Mahant Gyandas slams BJP leader Vinay Katiyar for mosque remarks - Oct 16, 2010
- Nirmohi Akhara wants Kalam, Deoband in Ayodhya mediation - Oct 13, 2010
- Ayodhya dispute: Ansari's move for talks welcomed - Oct 04, 2010
- Hindus, Muslims welcome apex court view on Ayodhya - May 09, 2011
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Nirmohi Akhara: A Hindu religious order - Sep 30, 2010
- Ayodhya crosses its fingers before court verdict - Sep 22, 2010
- End it all, please, says veteran Muslim litigant - Oct 01, 2010
- What structure should disputed site have - Some views - Sep 23, 2010
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- No temple was demolished for mosque: Justice S.U. Khan - Sep 30, 2010
- VHP to move Supreme Court against Ayodhya verdict - Dec 07, 2010
- How to stop stampedes: Lessons for India - Nov 23, 2011
- Ayodhya verdict: Nirmohi Akhara to also move Supreme Court - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: ayodhya, babri mosque, complainant, controversy, convener, demolition, final decision, ganges, haridwar, hashim, hindus, kumb, mecca, mohammad, police superintendent, protection organization, ram mandir, ram temple, secular government, temple construction