Madurai Police probing honour killingJuly 8th, 2010 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
Madurai July 8: (ANI) Police in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, are investigating a reported honour killing that occurred near the city.
According to preliminary investigations, the girl’s family assaulted 18-year-old Meneka, who belongs to the ethnic Devar community, and her lover, Shivakumar, with sickles.
“Menaka eloped with her lover Sivakumar. The girl’s father, brother and maternal uncle secured the two and brought both of them home. On their way home, both were assaulted. The boy, Sivakumar, succumbed to his injuries, and the girl is being treated in hospital,” said Krishnamoorthy, Inspector General of Police, Madurai Range.
The girl’s father, mother and maternal uncle have been arrested. (ANI)
- Teenaged girl burnt alive in suspected honour killing - Mar 26, 2011
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Kolkata girl raped in Patna - Apr 14, 2011
- Muslim girl killed for love affair with Hindu - Nov 25, 2010
- Eloped couple's bodies found on railway track - Jan 05, 2011
- Man kills daughter's lover for family honour - Feb 18, 2011
- Three teenagers wounded in Kashmir blast - Mar 10, 2011
- Dalit woman assaulted for son's elopement - Jan 11, 2012
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Girl killed for honour - Jul 04, 2011
- Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritual - Aug 07, 2012
- Four teenagers kill friend to avenge sister's elopment - Jul 13, 2011
- Was being forced into prostitution, claims Falak's 'mother' - Feb 06, 2012
- Four boys kill friend to avenge sister's elopment (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 13, 2011