Madonnas Sticky & Sweet tour grosses staggering $91.5 millionDecember 1st, 2008 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, December 1 (ANI): The North American leg of Madonnas Sticky & Sweet tour has managed to gross around a staggering 91.5 million dollars.
According to producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation, the Queen of Pop wrapped up her 28 tour dates in Miami and moved around 550,000 tickets.
The singer then went on to Mexico City before she recently concluded the tour in North America in front of 50,000 people at Dolphin Stadium, reports the China Daily.
If her European run is included, Madonna can be valued at 207.5 million dollars in ticket sales that could hit around 282 million dollars after the winding up of the Mexico/South America leg of the tour which could make Sticky & Sweet the top-grossing tour ever by a female or a solo artist.
The eighth concert tour to support Madonnas eleventh studio album Hard Candy, which will see the Material Girl trotting Europe and the Americas, is set to end in Sao Paulo, Brazil on December 21. (ANI)
- Madge's Sticky & Sweet world tour earns highest amount in solo artist tours - Sep 04, 2009
- Madonna tops Forbes' World's Highest Earning Musicians list - Jun 24, 2009
- Madonna may have more Sticky & Sweet shows up her sleeve - Jan 03, 2009
- Madonnas great fall at Rio concert - Dec 17, 2008
- 'Rio' tops Easter weekend box-office earnings - Apr 25, 2011
- 'Despicable Me' beats 'Eclipse' to top box office - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Expendables' is highest grossing movie at the box office - Aug 23, 2010
- U2 to perform in Melbourne in December - Aug 22, 2010
- Madges Sticky & Sweet tour tops 2008s highest-grossing U.S. jaunt list - Dec 31, 2008
- Madonna snubs Australia for tour finale - Feb 23, 2009
- Tickets to Madonna''s UK tour sell out within minutes - Feb 07, 2009
- Madonna not dating her choreographer - Oct 20, 2010
- Madonna's world tour is the highest-grossing jaunt - Dec 30, 2008
- The top 10 highest grossing films - Nov 15, 2010
- Rolling Stones top Billboard's 'Top Touring Acts of the Decade' list - Dec 17, 2009
Tags: 5 million, arthur fogel, china daily, concert tour, dolphin, dolphin stadium, global music, hard candy, live nation, madonna, material girl, mexico city, mexico south, million dollars, New Delhi, queen of pop, sao paulo brazil, solo artist, ticket sales, tour dates