Madhumita Shukla murder case verdict todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
The case was transferred to the Court of District and Sessions Judge V B Roy from Lucknow on the orders of the Supreme Court earlier this year.
In March, trial was began in Dehradun after apprehensions expressed by Madhumita’s family that Tripathi may impede a free and fair trial in Uttar Pradesh as in the past also he had tried to influence the course of investigations of the case and was getting luxurious treatment in jail.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has investigated the case.
So far almost seventy nine witnesses have appeared in the case.
Madhumita’s sister Nidhi and her servant Desraj were the key witnesses.
The case assumed a political dimension after Nidhi, alleged the poetess was involved in a relationship with Tripathi.
Nidhi had alleged that Tripathi’s wife was behind the murder because she was opposed to her husband’s relationship with Madhumita. Tripathi, however, strongly denied any role of his wife or his own in the murder.
The district court had framed murder charges against five accused including Tripathi.
The other four accused include Tripathi’s wife Madhumani, Rohit Chaturvedi, Prakash Chandra Pandey and Santosh Rai.
The CBI has claimed that Tripathi and his wife Madhumani allegedly conspired to eliminate her as she was carrying the child of Tripathi with whom she had developed an intimate relationship. (ANI)
- Madhumita case: Amarmani Tripathi and wife get life imprisonment(Lead: Madumita) - Nov 14, 2007
- Apex court denies bail to Amarmani Tripathi - Apr 20, 2009
- Ex-minister sent back to jail after 'illness' - Sep 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh probing jailed legislator's video - Dec 06, 2011
- Polling gets off to brisk start in UP's second phase (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Over 60 percent turnout in UP second phase poll (Third Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- No arrest for Nupur Talwar, rules apex court (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Large turnout in UP second phase polls (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-minister - May 31, 2012
- Sex, lies and videotape in Indian politics - Dec 26, 2009
- Bhanwari case: Court seeks action against threats to CBI - Feb 27, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- CBI to quiz Shehla Masood murder accused for 3 days - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: accused, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandra, dehradun, impede, intimate relationship, lucknow, madhumita, murder case, murder charges, nidhi, pandey, political dimension, prakash, rohit, santosh, tripathi