Madge becomes new face of Louis VuittonDecember 5th, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 5 (ANI): Pop star Madonna has become the new face of Louis Vuitton ad campaign.
Vuitton designer and creative director Marc Jacobs revealed that they went with the singer after he “just blurted out, ”I think we should do Madonna”” at a meeting.
Jacobs has revealed that he was keen on landing the Queen of Pop after seeing her show the night before in Paris.
“I was totally just blown away by it, and moved by her performance, by what she had to say, and her energy,” the New York Daily News quoted him, as telling Women’’s Wear Daily.
As the meeting went on, Jacobs tapped out a message to Madonna on his BlackBerry, and within about five minutes came the reply: Id love to.
The resulting photos, which will debut in fashion magazines by February, feature the music icon lounging around a smoky French-style brasserie. (ANI)
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Marc Jacobs heading for Dior? - Aug 14, 2011
- I couldn't do what young designers do: Marc Jacobs - Jun 02, 2011
- Dont mix fashion with politics: Marc Jacobs - Jul 21, 2012
- Marc Jacobs to make film debut - Nov 03, 2011
- Younger model replaces Madonna as new face of Louis Vuitton - Dec 11, 2009
- 'Madge's high powered pals helping toyboy Luz's career' - Apr 27, 2009
- Younger model replaces Madonna as Louis Vuitton's new face - Dec 11, 2009
- Sofia hates 'style icon' tag - Dec 17, 2010
- BlackBerry buys software company to beef up apps store - Apr 29, 2011
- Allen watches fashion show during honeymoon - Jun 25, 2011
- Gabriel Aubry becomes new face of Louis Vuitton - Nov 01, 2009
- Madonna's 'new toyboy' opens up about their relationship - Dec 08, 2010
- Estee Lauder Selects Joan Smalls As Its New Face - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: ad campaign, blackberry, blown away, creative director, fashion magazines, five minutes, french style, louis vuitton, love, marc jacobs, music icon, new face, new york daily news, new york dec, paris, photos, pop star madonna, queen of pop, reply, york daily news