Macca , Mills” divorce named ”Biggest Break-Up In Showbiz”October 19th, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 19 (ANI): Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills” bitter divorce battle has topped a new list of ”The Biggest Break-Ups In Showbiz”.
The couple got married in 2002 in a lavish ceremony in Ireland three years after meeting during the Pride of Britain Awards event in London, reports News of the World.
However, they parted ways amid claims and counter-claims with Mills” ”friends” accusing Macca of being a wife battered and McCartney’’s ”pals” hitting back accusing the former model of a past career in porn.
Mills gave a string of tearful TV interviews comparing herself to Princess Diana and Kate McCann
Mills finally walked away with 24.3 million pounds - a fraction of the 125 million pounds - she had originally demanded.
Second on the News of the World list is Prince Charles and Princess Diana’’s split, as it emerged that behind-the-scenes the fairytale marriage was in ruins.
Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards landed the fourth spot while Roman and Irima Abramovich came fourth.
Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall rounded off the top five.
The top ten ”Biggest Break-Ups In Showbiz” are:
1. Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills 2. Prince Charles and Princess Diana 3. Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards 4. Roman and Irima Abramovich 5. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall 6. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison 7. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline 8. Michael and Juanita Jordan 9. Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin 10. Chris and Ingrid Tarrant (ANI)
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- I have out-partied Jagger, Richards, Flynn and Sinatra, says Charlie Sheen - Mar 02, 2011
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Heather Mills hospitalized after skiing accident - May 13, 2011
- Celeb charities 'suffering huge slump in income' - Feb 16, 2011
- Supergroup being formed for the 2012 Olympic - Apr 26, 2011
- McCartney, Shevell off to Caribbean honeymoon - Oct 17, 2011
- It's Beatles vs Rolling Stones for 2012 Olympics opening ceremony - Aug 08, 2010
- Heather Mills to sell New York home - Feb 20, 2011
- Jerry Hall slams Keith Richards' slur on Mick Jagger's manhood - Oct 18, 2010
- Sheen to play 'Charlie' again - Sep 09, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Sheen, Richards top Hollywood's nastiest splits poll - Aug 15, 2008
Tags: alec baldwin, bitter divorce, break ups, britney spears and kevin, britney spears and kevin federline, charlie sheen, charlie sheen and denise richards, divorce battle, ingrid tarrant, kate mccann, kevin federline, melissa mathison, michael and juanita jordan, mick jagger, paul mccartney and heather mills, pride of britain, pride of britain awards, princess diana, sir paul mccartney, spears and kevin federline