Ludhiana pays tribute to Shringar blast victimsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin
“Among us, there are Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians, and we are all like brothers. We condemn this bomb blast,” said Mansoor Ansari, a demonstrator.
Meanwhile, the residents here also performed a fire ritual in memory of the blast victims and for peace and harmony.
The ritual was organised at the cinema hall, the site where the blast occurred, before the opening of the first show at the theatre.
At least six people were killed and 16 others were injured in the blast that took place on October 14 in the auditorium of the cinema hall. Located in the heart of the city, close to 500 people were watching the evening show at the hall.
The blast occurred when Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari’s film ‘Janam Janam Ka Saath’ was being screened.
Tiwari has announced that he would hand over an interim relief of Rs 25,000 to the families of those dead.
“Monetary help for the injured will be decided only after I visit them and ascertain the extent of help required,” he said. (ANI)
- Punjab police announces reward for information on Ludhiana blast accused - Nov 14, 2007
- Varanasi blast attempt to disturb peace: Chidambaram - Dec 07, 2010
- Blasts kill 10 in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Indonesia condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- 14 killed in blast near Pakistan-Afghan border (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- 32 killed, 68 injured in Baghdad car bombings (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Four Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested - Jul 18, 2010
- Bhojpuri film fest begins in Patna - Feb 14, 2011
- Six die in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- 20 pilgrims killed in Baghdad bombings - Jun 16, 2012
- Six hurt in 15 blasts across Pakistan province - May 02, 2012
- Five held guilty for Delhi twin blasts in 2005 - Aug 30, 2012
- Uphaar cinema fire anniversary: Victims' kin plan prayers - Jun 12, 2011
- Parliamentarian among 20 killed in Afghanistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: ansari, ascertain, bhojpuri, bomb blast, carried placards, cinema hall, city close, demonstrator, fire ritual, heart of the city, hindus, interim relief, janam, ludhiana, manoj, mansoor, peace and harmony, peace march, sikhs