Ludhiana blast: Police claims getting ‘vital clues’, but uncertain of RDX useNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
“People with complete knowledge and experts are working out on various theories to reach the conclusion and everything will be clear soon,” he added.
Earlier they were reports that RDX was used in the blast and the modus operandi indicated that the blast was carried out by Babbar Khalsa group- a militant group in Punjab that was active during the 1980s insurgency in the State, in association with the Pakistan backed Kashmiri militants group.
A special team under DIG (Ludhiana Range) Ishwar Singh, have been constituted to carry out the investigation in the case and probe all possible angles.
The multiplex Shingar Cinema, was packed with about 600 people mostly from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar when the bomb exploded on October 14. The blast coincided with the Eid festival leading to widespread chaos. (ANI)
- Punjab police arrests four Sikh militants - Jul 19, 2010
- Four Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested - Jul 18, 2010
- Babbar Khalsa plotting revival, big strike: Delhi Police - Jan 01, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir Police helping Ambala explosives case probe - Oct 15, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen suspected behind Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Police looking into Babbar Khalsa presence in Kashmir - Oct 14, 2011
- Five held guilty for Delhi twin blasts in 2005 - Aug 30, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen link suspected in Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- Assam train bombing: Two Adivasi rebels arrested - Jul 13, 2011
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Hawara, four held guilty for Delhi twin blasts in 2005 (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Mumbai trains serial blasts probe reveals Pakistani link - May 23, 2010
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Babbar Khalsa International militant escapes from Police custody in Hoshiarpur - Oct 18, 2010
- Suspected militant held in Punjab, RDX seized - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: ascertained, babbar khalsa, bihar, director general, eid festival, explosive, insurgency, kashmiri militants, ludhiana, militant group, modus operandi, multiplex, punjab, rdx, shingar, special team, uttar pradesh, working out