Lucknow zoo celebrates a Chimpanzees birthdayFebruary 13th, 2008 - 11:31 am ICT by admin
By Kamna Mathur
Lucknow, Feb.13 (ANI): Officials at a Lucknow zoo were unusually delighted this Monday, as they celebrated a 16-year-old chimpanzees birthday here.
Many parents with their tiny-tots flocked the zoo to join in birthday celebrations, as they wished to greet Nikita, the female chimpanzee.
Organised to develop enthusiasm of visitors, especially the children, towards animals, it was for the first time that such a birthday party was held at the zoo here.
It cheered everyone when a big cake having 16 candles (equal to Nikitas age) put on it was cut on the occasion. Besides, a good meal comprising a variety of delicacies was offered to the chimpanzee and other animals too.
“This occasion is important because it is Nikita’s birthday and we are using this as a platform to bring children closer to animals. We will be celebrating birthdays of other animals in the year to come so that curiosity can be developed in children. We have brought a birthday cake and she eats everything what humans eat,” said Renu Singh, Director, Lucknow Zoo.
Everyone was overjoyed being a part of such a celebration. The enclosure of Nikita was decorated with streamers and colourful ribbons.
Despite the birthday not falling on any holiday, there was a large crowd present at the zoo to cheer the chimp.
Children, the special invitees, were the most excited lot as they enjoyed the ape’s antics.
“I enjoyed a lot and I felt very good. I hope to keep on coming again and again to celebrate the birthdays of other animals as well,” said Yasha, a child visitor.
- Chimpanzee asks people to free him at Wales Zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Chimpanzees learn to mop cage from keepers - Feb 10, 2012
- Captivity upsets chimps' mental health - Jun 26, 2011
- Christmas carols, cakes and gifts, it's merrymaking in Delhi! - Dec 25, 2010
- Jimmy - the painting chimp creates a sensation at the Brazilian zoo - Sep 22, 2010
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Christmas celebrated in Kolkata - Dec 25, 2011
- Nagpur's Maharajabagh zoo celebrates birthday of three tigers - Jan 24, 2010
- Cause with a 'Wild' Twist - Apr 07, 2009
- Orissa zoo celebrates tiger cubs' birthday - Oct 20, 2009
- Star of PG Tea adverts - Chimp Jilloch dies at the age of 34 years - Oct 19, 2010
- On Diwali, it's treat time for Lucknow zoo animals - Oct 17, 2009
- Zoo seeks match for female zebras - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Charlie the Smoking Chimp' dies at 52 - Oct 07, 2010
- UAE zoo offers special safari for kids - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: 16 candles, antics, birthday cake, birthday celebrations, birthday party, celebrating birthdays, chimp, chimpanzee, chimpanzees, colourful, curiosity, delicacies, invitees, large crowd, mathur, nikita, renu, ribbons, streamers, zoo