Lucknow prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-NabiMarch 10th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Mar 10 (ANI): Muslims here on Tuesday carried out a procession to celebrate the Eid-E-Milad-Un-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammad.
A large number of Muslims participated in the procession and appealed for unity to both Hindus and Muslims.
Both Hindus and Muslims should celebrate their festivals together on this day when both Eid-E-Milad-Un-Nabi and Holi are coinciding, said Maulana Khalid Rashid Firangi Mehli, a cleric.
Prayers were also offered for the progress and peace of the country.
Born in 570 A.D., Mohammad is believed to be the last Prophet of Islam. He described himself as the messenger of God and is said to have received Koran from the Almighty at the age of 40.
Years later, he returned to Mecca, where the Kaaba was established as the goal of pilgrimage for Islamic devotees.
The Prophet is believed to have died in 632 A.D. (ANI)
- Kashmir prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi - Mar 10, 2009
- Milad celebrated with gaiety in Hyderabad - Feb 05, 2012
- Seminary asks Muslims to avoid ostentation on Mawlid - Feb 03, 2012
- Police stop religious procession on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi in Srinagar - Feb 27, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- Thousands offer prayers at Valley's Hazratbal shrine - Feb 16, 2011
- DPM activists arrested, baton charged for defying ban in J-K - Mar 10, 2009
- Zardari remits sentences of prisoners - Feb 04, 2012
- Prayers, sacrifice on Eid-ul-Zuha in Andhra Pradesh - Nov 07, 2011
- Gaiety marks Eid in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi celebrated across the country - Mar 11, 2009
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- Milad-un-Nabi celebrated in Andhra Pradesh - Mar 10, 2009
- Vice President greets people on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 26, 2010
- In Hyderabad, faithful throng Mir Alam Eidgah, Mecca Masjid - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: birth anniversary, cleric, devotees, eid, festivals, hindus and muslims, holi, islam, kaaba, khalid rashid, mecca, messenger of god, milad un nabi, peace, pilgrimage, prayers, procession, prophet mohammad, unity