Lucknow police files case against `Munnabhai’ Dutt for violating model codeApril 15th, 2009 - 9:54 am ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Apr.15 (ANI): Lucknow police registered a case against Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt on Tuesday evening for allegedly violating the Election Commission’s Model Code of Conduct.
The case was filed in the Dakkhin Tola Police Station on Dutt for making communal remarks an election rally held at Azad ground in Mau town.
Dutt was in the city to campaign in support of Samajwadi Party nominee Arshad Jamal Ansari, who is contesting the general election from the Ghosi parliamentary seat.
Dutt said: “When I was in police custody I was given third degree by them because I am son of a Muslim lady”.
Dutt is the general secretary of the Samajwadi Party. He was to contest this year’s elections, but the Supreme Court prevented him from doing so because of his conviction under the Arms Act. Dutt is still a suspect in connection with the 1993 riots in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Bailable warrant issued against Sanjay Dutt - Mar 27, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt booked for making communal remarks - Apr 15, 2009
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt gets relief in Uttar Pradesh case - May 04, 2012
- I will never return to politics: Sanjay Dutt - Jul 26, 2011
- Priya, Sanjay Dutt support opposing parties in same constituency (Lead) - Sep 25, 2009
- Charges against Sanjay Dutt misuse of power: Amar Singh - Apr 15, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked again for remarks against Mayawati - Apr 21, 2009
- Polling gets off to brisk start in UP's second phase (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Nafisa Ali replaces Sanjay Dutt as SP candidate from Lucknow - Apr 05, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt from Lucknow? BSP puts up brave face, fans rejoice - Jan 12, 2009
- Samajwadi Party appoints Sanjay Dutt as General Secretary - Apr 02, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt says Congress minister threatened him (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Munnabhai's 'Gandhigiri' puts him in trouble this timeb - Apr 18, 2009
- Shahi Imam lashes out at Uttar Pradesh government - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: ansari, bollywood star, code of conduct, conviction, election commission, election rally, elections, general election, general secretary, model code, muslim, parliamentary seat, party nominee, police custody, police station, riots, sanjay dutt, supreme court, third degree, tuesday evening