Lucknow comes to a close on Kanshi Ram’s death anniversaryNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:52 am ICT by admin
As a precautionary measure the district administration has asked the schools and college managements to close their institutions.
Over 5000 police personnel, including 35 Companies of the PAC, bomb disposal squads and anti-sabotage teams would be deployed at the venue, Charbagh railway station and parking lots.
Eighteen CCTV cameras have been installed across the rally grounds. The cameras have been hooked to a control room within the rally site.
Otherwise said to be a mega workers’ conference, the gathering is expected to eventually turn into a rally.
According to party sources Mayawati had asked each constituency to bring at least 5,000 workers.
Big cutouts of Mayawati, Kanshi Ram, Dr B R Ambedkar, Shahuji Maharaj and other Dalit icons have been installed on the main roads of the State capital.
During her crucial speech, Chief Minister Mayawati is expected to announce some major developmental projects for the State. She will lay the foundation stones of Kanshi Ram Memorial Sthal, Museum, Yadgar (Memorial) Guest House, UP Institute of Technology, Children’s Hospital and announce International Award for Sports.
Analysts say the rally would be used by BSP chief Mayawati as a show of her party’s strength ahead of the Lok Sabha elections. (ANI)
- Mayawati paints Lucknow blue for Ambedkar anniversary - Apr 13, 2010
- Mayawati woos Muslims, other groups - Dec 17, 2011
- Congress slams Mayawati for 'wasting public money' - Oct 14, 2011
- BSP calls Congress anti-Dalit - Oct 16, 2011
- Lucknow painted blue for Kanshi Ram's birth anniversary - Mar 14, 2011
- Elaborate arrangements made for Mayawati's rally - Mar 14, 2010
- Mayawati allocates Rs.500 crore more for parks, memorials - Aug 10, 2010
- Thousands gather for Mayawati's rally - Mar 15, 2010
- Mayawati inaugurates 'dream project', says Congress ignored Dalit icons (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati wants memorial guards, and Rs.53 cr for them - Jan 28, 2010
- Mayawati inaugurates Rs.684 crore Dalit park - Oct 14, 2011
- UAVs deployed for Mayawati rally - May 29, 2011
- Mayawati, centre head for showdown over special force (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Congress will instal Meira Kumar or Shinde as PM: Mayawati - Oct 14, 2011
- What's wrong if I install my own statues, asks Mayawati - Mar 15, 2010
Tags: ambedkar, bomb disposal, bsp, cameras, crucial, death anniversary, developmental projects, district administration, foundation stones, international award, kanshi ram, lok sabha elections, maidan, main roads, precautionary measure, rally, s hospital, sthal, technology children, workers conference