Lt. Gen KR Rao is new DG ArtilleryJune 3rd, 2009 - 10:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 3(ANI): Lieutenant General KR Rao is the new Director General Artillery.
Earlier he was the DG Manpower Planning and Personnel.
In an eventful career spanning around 38 years, he has held many coveted commands in the Army.
Prior to taking over his new assignment, he has commanded an Artillery Regiment in the J-K, an Armoured Artillery Brigade and an Artillery Division.
He carries with him vast experience of all terrains of the Indian Army from Siachen to the Deserts.
He also has the rare distinction of having served in all the Strike Corps of the Indian Army as Deputy Commander of an Infantry Brigade, Commander Artillery Brigade and General Officer Commanding, Artillery Division.(ANI)
- Lieutenant General Nayanar takes over as DG Artillery - Aug 01, 2010
- Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh is new army vice chief - Nov 01, 2011
- Lt. Gen. Campose is 12 Corps commander - Jun 06, 2011
- Pakistan war-gaming to counter India's military plan - Jun 05, 2011
- President presents standards to five tank regiments - Nov 27, 2011
- Lt. Gen. Halgali is new deputy chief of Indian Army - Feb 13, 2012
- Sikh to assume charge as Singapore Army Chief on March 25 - Mar 05, 2011
- Lt. Gen. S.K Singh to be next army vice chief - Oct 10, 2011
- President's standards for five tank regiments - Nov 21, 2011
- India, France perfect counter-insurgency warfare skills - Oct 21, 2011
- Army chief visits Ladakh - Nov 05, 2011
- Indian Army has two new mountain divisions in northeast - Feb 07, 2011
- Antony asks troops along Pakistan border to defeat any 'misadventure' - May 02, 2011
- President Patil awards 'Colours' to five armoured corps regiments - Oct 19, 2010
- Ready for any challenge: Indian Army chief - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: artillery brigade, artillery division, artillery regiment, brigade commander, deputy commander, deserts, dg, indian army, infantry brigade, june 3, kr rao, lieutenant general, lt, manpower planning, New Delhi, rare distinction, siachen, terrains