Love struck Gazza to shift base to PortugalSeptember 30th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London Sept.30 (ANI): Keen to start a new life with his blonde sweetheart, former England football star Paul Gascoigne is quitting England for Portugal.
A Daily Star report said that Gazza has told his close friends that he plans to move to the Algarve so his relationship with ex-pat photographer Sally Mulholland can flourish.
Gazza, 41, reckons the move will allow him to escape the spotlight of publicity in which he constantly lives in England.
He will also be able to bury the nightmare memories of the past few months in which he has been sectioned, locked up in a police cell, cautioned for criminal damage and holed up in rehab.
Last week rumours swept the country that the former England star, who has been battling booze addiction and depression, had been found dead.
Gazza has told pals there is nothing to keep him in England. He has severed most of his ties with his family who refuse to tolerate his boozing, and fallen out again with ex-wife Sheryl, 43, after a series of bust-ups.
His relationship with best pal Jimmy Five Bellies Gardner has deteriorated too.
The move also shows how deeply he has fallen for divorced mum-of-three Sally, 44 a dead ringer for Sheryl.
The couple have only known each other a fortnight since meeting in an Algarve bar.
She flew to Britain to see him last week and they were spotted kissing in a trendy Newcastle restaurant.
He is totally besotted with her and just wants to spend as much time with her as possible. Without her he reckons he has nothing really to do and thats when he turns to drink, a friend of his said.
Gazza told mum Carol, 64, of his feelings for Sally in a two-hour phone conversation.
He was happy and he was sober. I couldnt ask for more after all hes been through, Carol was quoted, as saying. (ANI)
- Gazzas mum believes his new love will save his life - Sep 29, 2008
- Gazza says will marry the woman who saved his life - Oct 13, 2008
- Friends say Gazza to quit Britain for a new life in Portugal - Feb 04, 2009
- Gazza in new suicide scare - Nov 22, 2008
- Gazzas new girl likes stray animals - Sep 29, 2008
- Gazza to spend Xmas in rehab - Dec 10, 2008
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza returns to UK after being spurned by Portugal-based lover - Nov 15, 2008
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
- Maradona offers to help Gazza kick booze habit - Mar 21, 2009
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- Alex Reid plans tell all about 'sex life, bitter rows' with Katie Price - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: algarve, bellies, booze, bust, close friends, daily star, dead ringer, england football, england star, football star, fortnight, hes, mulholland, pals, paul gascoigne, phone conversation, police cell, star report, sweetheart, ups