Lost son reunites with mum after having lived within 20 miles for 62 years!September 12th, 2008 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 12 (ANI): A long lost son reunited with his mother after 62 years, only to find that she had been living just 20 miles away all that time.
Falling pregnant out of wedlock, Audrey Gilder, 80, was forced to put her eldest son Alf Belcher up for adoption shortly after he was born in 1946.
Belcher, 62, lived much of his adult life wondering who and where his mother was, and in recent years became resolutely determined to track his parents down.
In 2006, he obtained a copy of his birth certificate, which began a trail that eventually led him to his mothers door.
He found they had been living only 20 miles apart from her.
Gilder, from Peterborough, Cambs, said she received a telephone call out of the blue from Belcher, which led to an immediate reunion.
“He rang the doorbell and I just knew he was my son, because he was the image of my brother, Peter, the Telegraph quoted her, as saying.
“I had given up hoping this would happen. I”d missed him so desperately all these years,” she added. (ANI)
- Separated 40 years ago, united on live TV - Aug 19, 2011
- British woman jailed for prostituting teenaged girl - Aug 02, 2012
- Son dies from drug use: Briton kills dealer, hangs himself - Jul 05, 2012
- Woman reunites with daughter after 45 years in Malaysia - Oct 03, 2010
- Unemployed Briton has 15 kids, two more to come - Nov 29, 2011
- Stolen as infant, back as teen: Kashmiri twin's tale (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- US woman jailed for shooting sex tape with son - Jun 24, 2012
- Ed Miliband 'thanks God' he is not married to mother of his children - Jan 31, 2011
- Mother seeks mercy for son who stabbed her - Nov 01, 2011
- Mike Huckabee justifies comments on Portman's out-of-wedlock pregnancy - Mar 06, 2011
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Did Elizabeth Taylor give up her secret love child out of wedlock? - Apr 27, 2011
- War-torn Guatemalan family reunited after 25 years - Feb 09, 2012
- 64 years on, family of man who caught Gandhi's killer in penury - Jan 30, 2012
- Emma Bunton takes design tips from son - Jan 31, 2012