Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footageNovember 12th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 12 (ANI): JJ Abrams, the creator of Lost, has unveiled footage from his Star Trek prequel.
The exclusive footage, which was presented at a press event in London, featured American actor Chris Pine as the young Captain Kirk, Heroes star Zachary Quinto as Mr Spock and Simon Pegg as Enterprise engineer Scotty.
In his introduction, Abrams said he wanted the film, to be released in May 2009, to feel “legitimate and real”.
Leonard Nimoy was also seen reprise his role as the older Mr Spock in one of four excerpts from the film.
Although JJ Abrams admitted that he has never been a huge fan of The Star Trek, he would have been jealous if any other director would have taken on the project.
“It was always someone else’’s show,” BBC quoted JJ, as saying in the context of the original TV series” limited resources and “cardboard planets”.
JJ also appreciated the contribution of British actor Pegg, who said he was “pant-wettingly excited” to be in attendance. (ANI)
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy To Retire Soon - Apr 22, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Zachary Quinto's fingers were glued to get 'Star Trek' salute right - May 08, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy surprises fans with special Star Trek screening - Apr 09, 2009
- Eric Bana had 'fun' playing baddie in new 'Star Trek' movie - Apr 27, 2009
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy retires from acting - Jun 20, 2010
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- Simon Pegg to play Scotty in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- William Shatner slams reports of feud with new 'Star Trek' cast - Apr 27, 2009
- Simon Pegg calls 'Star Trek' UK premiere 'geek dream' - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: american actor, bbc, british actor, captain kirk, cardboard, chris pine, film footage, first star, jj abrams, leonard nimoy, limited resources, mr spock, original tv, pant, planets, simon pegg, star trek, star trek film, star trek prequel, zachary quinto