Log on to www.meetme.com.au to find your true love!November 26th, 2008 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 26 (ANI): Are you searching for true love? Well, your hunt is about to end, all thanks to a new service, which utilizes 3G mobile technology to bring singles together.
The magical service, Meet Me (www.meetme.com.au), was launched yesterday.
It uses live video calling to introduce men and women whose have matching interests and profiles.
According to Melanie Bowman, Meet Me marketing manager, the new service offers several advantages over traditional online dating sites.
“The unique use of 3G technology means members are not chained to a PC or a laptop,”” the Daily Telegraph quoted her, as saying.
Meet Me employs a central system which can connect singles on their mobile handsets without disclosing phone numbers for added safety, anonymity and convenience.
In order to use the service, customers are needed to provide information about themselves on the Meet Me website which performs a two-way search to find compatible members.
Matches are then viewed on the mobile handset before the user decides to accept video calls. Instead of arranging a meeting in a public place the first face-to-face encounter will be on the screen of a 3G handset capable of video calling at a time to suit both parties. (ANI)
- MTNL partners DigiVive to provide mobile TV services - May 19, 2011
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Reliance Capital arm launches mobile-based payment system - Aug 09, 2012
- Nokia seeks price correction in 3G services - Jan 17, 2012
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- China has over 73 million 3G users - Jun 28, 2011
- Working Saturday? Fans turn to gadgets for grand finale - Apr 01, 2011
- Reliance launches SMS conference calls - Oct 26, 2010
- Airtel unveils 4G service in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Manufacturing ecosystem, uniform tax rate for handsets called for - Nov 02, 2011
- 4G service to speed up British mobile internet by 16 times - Mar 23, 2011
- What 3G telephony promises the Indian consumer - May 20, 2010
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- IAF air warriors to have 3G connectivity for enhanced operational efficiency - Mar 14, 2011
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: anonymity, bowman, compatible members, convenience, daily telegraph, encounter, laptop, marketing manager, melanie, melbourne, men and women, mobile handset, mobile handsets, mobile technology, online dating sites, phone numbers, profiles, service customers, true love