LJP manifesto calls for smaller and better managed statesApril 7th, 2009 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Apr.7 (ANI): The Ram Vilas Paswan-led Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) on Tuesday said that it would fight the upcoming general elections on the plank of creating smaller states, as this was the best way to ensure better administration and structured development.
“The party believes that for better administration and development of neglected regions, formation of smaller states is necessary,” LJP president Paswan said while releasing the party manifesto here.
The manifesto also promises minorities socio-economic and educational development as recommended by the Justice Rajindra Sachar Committee.
Vowing to neutralise communal elements in the country, Paswan said that it would be the LJP’s endeavor to ban organisations like the Rashtriya Swayam Sewak Sangh (RSS), the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and the Bajrang Dal.
He promised to make public the recommendations of the Ranganath Mishra Commission, saying there would be a provision of 15 per cent reservation for minorities of which 10 per cent would be for Muslims.
The LJP also promised to provide reservations to women and OBCs in government jobs and the judiciary for which 50 per cent ceiling imposed by the Supreme Court would be removed through appropriate legislation.(ANI)
- Congress using Muslims as vote bank through quota, says BJP - Dec 24, 2011
- Have not violated poll code, says Khurshid - Jan 11, 2012
- Parties divided over minority quota - Dec 23, 2011
- Ambitious plans for Muslims ahead of Tripura polls - Feb 29, 2012
- Clamour for minority quota in Lokpal, Lok Sabha disrupted (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- Presidential poll: SP to await UPA, NDA choices - Jun 09, 2012
- Why quotas for only OBC Muslims, asks community - Dec 02, 2011
- Paswan seeks reservation for minorities in Lokpal - Aug 29, 2011
- BJP promises to remodel Mayawati monuments, oppose minority quota (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Quota row: Poll panel notice to Khurshid on BJP's complaint (Night Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- BJP moves EC over Khurshid's remarks on Muslim quota (Evening Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Lalu, Paswan release joint election manifesto for Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 12, 2010
- Ahead of assembly polls, minorities given 4.5 percent quota in jobs (Fourth Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Agriculture, industry to go hand in hand: Trinamool manifesto (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: bajrang dal, educational development, endeavor, general elections, government jobs, judiciary, legislation, lok, minorities, muslims, party manifesto, provision, ram vilas paswan, ranganath, sangh, structured development, supreme court, vhp, vilas, vishwa hindu parishad