Live bomb defused in SrinagarMay 6th, 2009 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 6 (IANS) A tragedy was averted Wednesday, a day before the polls, when security forces in this summer capital city of Jammu and Kashmir defused a bomb planted in a cooking gas cylinder, police said.
The five-kg explosive was hidden in a gas cylinder, which was left on a road side in old city area of Nowhatta, a police officer said.
The bomb was defused and there was no damage, the police officer said.
- Powerful explosive device found in Srinagar - Jun 30, 2011
- Explosive-laden car detected in Srinagar - May 17, 2012
- Army defuses 5 kg bomb on Kashmir roadside - Nov 17, 2011
- IED found in Srinagar, defused - Oct 18, 2010
- IED detected in Srinagar, defused (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Timely detection of IED averts tragedy in Srinagar (Second Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- LeT car-bomber module busted in Srinagar - Jun 14, 2012
- One killed as gas cylinder explodes in Kashmir - Mar 26, 2012
- No one killed in Karachi blast: Police (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- 3 kg IED device found on Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway - Apr 08, 2010
- CRPF troopers defuse bomb on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Jul 12, 2012
- One killed, 11 injured as police barrack roof collapses - Jan 16, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway open for one-way traffic - Jan 22, 2012
- Bomb defused near Jammu (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- IED defused on Batote-Kishtawar Highway in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 20, 2010