Lily Allen defends Amy Winehouse s troubled imageDecember 8th, 2008 - 6:46 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec8 (ANI): Popstar Lily Allen has spoken in defense of Amy Winehouse, insisting there is a “clever and witty” side to the singer that the public fails to see.
Lily said that the singer might be battling her drug addiction but can hold herself together.
“I know Amy Winehouse very well and she is very different to what people portray her as being, Contactmusic quoted Lily, as saying.
“Yes, she does get out of her mind on drugs sometimes, but she is also a very clever, intelligent, witty, funny person who can hold it together. You just don”t see that side. She gets a really hard time, Lily added.
Lily did not hesitate to admit she and Winehouse are one of the two female celebrities, who are mainly targeted by the British media.
“I mean, there aren”t that many people with whom the press concentrate on their personality so much, Lily said.
“I think in the U.K., as far as females go, it’’s mainly me and her that get that treatment. She gets it more than I do. But I don”t see it that much with other people, she added. (ANI)
- Seal regrets not meeting Winehouse - Nov 06, 2011
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Gaga couldn't talk for two days after Amy's death - Aug 02, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Usher Wants To Sing With Amy Winehouse - Oct 13, 2010
- Winehouse is a confused lover - Oct 16, 2010
- Winehouse knew she was dying: Bennett - Oct 02, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-husband desperate to come back - Jun 27, 2010
- Amy's death is a lesson: Gaga - Jul 27, 2011
- Winehouse, beau were planning to wed - Oct 03, 2011
- Traviss was never loyal to Winehouse, says his ex - Sep 01, 2010
- Amy Winehouse claims she hasn't used drugs in almost 3 years - Oct 06, 2010
- Winehouse making wedding plans? - Apr 05, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne sports beehive hairdo at Amy Winehouse's funeral - Jul 26, 2011
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011