LIC will invest Rs 50,000 cr in FY’10June 24th, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 24 (ANI): Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) on Wednesday announced that it would invest about 50,000 crore rupees in the equity market during this financial year.
Addressing media persons in the national capital, Life Insurance Corporation of India’s Managing Director Thomas Mathew said: “We expect to invest nearly Rs 50,000 crore in equities this year against Rs 40,800 crore last year.”
The largest life insurer in the country has invested about Rs 8,000 crore in the equities so far in this fiscal.
As per exposure norms, LIC is also investing in government papers and corporate debt.
On Tuesday, LIC Chairman T S Vijayan said during the current fiscal, the life insurance company is eyeing a premium income growth rate of 20 percent.
As regard new premium income, which declined by nearly 10 percent in 2008-09, he stated that the company was expecting a growth rate of 25 percent during the current financial year.
LIC collected a premium income of Rs 1,55,000 crore in 2008-09, which included first premium income of Rs 52,000 crore. (ANI)
- Internal probe yet to find any wrongdoing: LIC - Feb 06, 2011
- Life Insurance Corp eyeing 20 percent premium growth - Jun 23, 2009
- LIC expects Rs.176,000 crore premium income this fiscal - Mar 07, 2010
- United India Insurance targets Rs.8,000 crore premium - Nov 10, 2011
- Firewalls needed between banks and insurance firms: Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Moody's downgrades LIC, outlook stable - May 14, 2012
- LIC Housing Finance profit falls by 11 percent - Jul 24, 2012
- Star Health to raise Rs.150 crore fresh capital - Jul 31, 2012
- UBI to raise Rs.3.1 bn via preferential allotment - Mar 19, 2012
- Reliance Life Insurance to hire 5,500 agents on payroll - Aug 16, 2012
- United India to cross Rs.8,000 crore premium - Feb 14, 2012
- Non-life insurers log 17 percent growth in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Budget highlights 3 - Mar 16, 2012
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget highlights 8 - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: corporate debt, crore rupees, director thomas, exposure norms, first premium, government papers, june 24, life insurance company, life insurance corporation, life insurance corporation of india, life insurer, managing director, mathew, media persons, New Delhi, rs 1, rs 40, rs 50, rs 8, vijayan