LeT commander killed in encounter in J-KJuly 5th, 2008 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, July 5 (ANI): A self-styled divisional commander of Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit was killed in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmirs Doda District today.
According to official sources, a group of militants opened fire on the troops of Rashtriya Rifles, who were conducting search operations in Phulel area of the Doda district last night, leading to a gunbattle in which the LeT commander was killed.
The killed militant has been identified as Tauhid Ahmed.
Police has launched an operation to arrest Ahmed’s associates, who managed to escape. (ANI)
- Lashker militant killed in Poonch encounter - Sep 05, 2010
- Lashkar 'divisional commander', aide killed in J-K - May 09, 2009
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Two foreign guerrillas killed in Kashmir's Sopore (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Security forces kill top Hizbul Mujahideen commander in Doda - Mar 08, 2010
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Two most wanted LeT commanders killed (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Top LeT commander killed in Jammu and Kashmir - May 09, 2009
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir - Aug 03, 2012
- Top LeT commander killed in Kashmir encounter - Jun 22, 2010
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- LeT commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - May 27, 2011
- Two top militants killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir - Apr 24, 2011