Legendary rockers to form supergroup for 2012 OlympicsOctober 27th, 2008 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 27 (ANI): Veteran rockers are set to come together to form a supergroup to raise the curtain for the 2012 Olympic games in London.
Legendary rock stars, such as the 61-year-old David Bowie and Led Zepplins 64-year-old Jimmy Page, might be heard making some noise at the opening ceremony.
Though ex-Beatle Sir Paul McCartney, 66, and Ringo Starr, 68, are suspected to be long shots, legends like Van Morrison, 63, Phil Collins, 57, Elton John, 61, and Sting, 57 may be expected to take the stage.
The supergroup is also expected to include Rolling Stones lead vocalist Mick Jagger, who has had a chit-chat with the Games heads, according to reports.
Mick feels the Olympics coming to London is a huge honour and wants to make his own gesture, the Sun quoted a source as saying. (ANI)
- Supergroup being formed for the 2012 Olympic - Apr 26, 2011
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- Jagger, Bowie, John to play at Olympics 2012? - Oct 26, 2008
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- McCartney, Shevell off to Caribbean honeymoon - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Grease' hit 'You're The One That I Want' named 'biggest-selling duet of all time' - Jan 03, 2011
- It's Beatles vs Rolling Stones for 2012 Olympics opening ceremony - Aug 08, 2010
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Recession hits British pop stars - Apr 24, 2009
- Ringo Starr's childhood home boarded up - Oct 27, 2010
- George Harrison's son Dhani won't team up with Beatles' boys - Jan 11, 2010
- Beatles come alive - in video game avatar - Sep 02, 2009
- Paul McCartney Tour 2010 Coming to Utah! - May 21, 2010
Tags: 2012 olympic games, 2012 olympics, beatle, chit chat, david bowie, elton john, jimmy page, legendary rock, legendary rockers, long shots, mick jagger, olympic games, opening ceremony, paul mccartney, phil collins, ringo starr, rock stars, sir paul mccartney, van morrison, veteran rockers