Lee bemused over Indias claim of moral victory in Bangalore TestOctober 16th, 2008 - 2:27 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Oct.16 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Brett Lee says that he is bemused with the Indian teams claim that it secured a moral victory in the first Test in Bangalore.
Lee said that bowlers of both sides did not reap the benefits that they should have from the match because of a comatose pitch.
He said that the Australian new ball pair captured only three wickets between them, while their Indian counterpartsZaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma fared much better, capturing nine wickets in the first innings and two in the second.
Lee said that he was hopeful about the Mohali pitch assisting the pacers in the second Test, which starts on Friday.
“The brand new ball is crucial over here, and the first three balls I bowled in my opening spell, in hindsight, it would have been great to get them on the off stump,” said Lee,
“It’’s crucial that we get the ball swinging in the right areas first up because we”ve got maybe two, three overs with the brand new ball, he added.
We have to make sure we understand the way it works over here. It’’s a lot different,” he said.
“The pacers will still be able to extract something out of it,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted curator Daljit Singh, as saying.
Lee refused to dignify Zaheer’’s comments with a response, other than to say the Australians had to be more patient when bowling to the lower order. (ANI)
- We can chase anything under 300, says Sehwag - Dec 28, 2011
- Post-showers, bare-looking Mohali pitch may turn spinner-friendly - Oct 16, 2008
- Zaheer defends go-karting session, backs India to do well at Perth - Jan 10, 2012
- Morne's 19th over proved decisive: Dravid - Apr 29, 2012
- Zaheer, Ashwin restrict Australia to 333 in first innings (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Tendulkar, Dravid hit half-centuries to lift India (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Sreesanth attributes his success to stint with Donald - Jul 30, 2011
- McDermott hailed for turning around Australian pace attack - Dec 29, 2011
- Lee lauds Australia's latest pace sensation Pattinson - Dec 31, 2011
- India will rely on swing: Zaheer - Dec 15, 2011
- India crushed at SCG by an innings and 68 (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2012
- India staring at third big defeat in Australia (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Sharma excited at leading young Indian pace attack - Nov 13, 2011
- Injured Zaheer could miss most of the England series - Jul 22, 2011
- India lose openers early, trail Australia by 234 (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2011