Led Zeppelin may replace Robert Plan with new singerSeptember 21st, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 21 (ANI): English rock band Led Zeppelin will apparently replace lead singer Robert Plan if he failed to join the band on tour.
Zep guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham have been busy recently rehearsing in West Londons Ritz Studio and using stand-in vocalists.
Plant has refused to take part in any practice sessions as he is currently committed to his side project with country singer Alison Krauss.
Jimmy, Jason and John are determined a tour will go ahead next year, The Sun quoted a source, as saying.
Theyve been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling.
Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still wont commit.
They will be finalising plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesnt want to be involved they will go ahead without him, the source added. (ANI)
- Led Zeppelin all set for reunion tour - Sep 26, 2008
- Led Zeppelin plan tour without Robert Plant - Jan 08, 2009
- Led Zeppelin told tour would be "pointless" without Robert Plant - Oct 29, 2008
- Led Zeppelin return to studio for first time in over 25 years - Aug 27, 2008
- Led Zeppelin's future depends on Plant, says Page - Jan 01, 2010
- Jimmy Page snub might affect Led Zeppelin reunion - Jul 24, 2008
- Fans slam Led Zeppelin's comeback without Robert Plant - Oct 30, 2008
- 'Diary Of A Mad Band'-DVD By Down Releasing On 11th October - Aug 30, 2010
- Red Zeppelin set for reunion tour with Plant - Sep 26, 2008
- Robert Plant declines Led Zeppelin reunion fearing ''disappointment'' - Feb 05, 2009
- Metallica working on a 3D film - Jan 10, 2012
- Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury - Sep 20, 2010
- Rob Angry At Ozzy - Jul 30, 2010
- Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway To Heaven' is Britons' favourite rock song - Apr 19, 2010
- Folk, rock, fusion music in Manali's cool air - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: alison krauss, bassist john, country singer, drummer jason bonham, english rock band, frontman, guitarist, jimmy page, john paul jones, led zeppelin, london, practice sessions, ritz, sun, vocalists, west londons