Lashkar hideout busted in KishtawarJanuary 21st, 2010 - 4:20 pm ICT by ANI
Kishtawar (Jammu and Kashmir), Jan 21(ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Police has claimed to have achieved major success by busting two militant hideouts in Kishtawar district.They recovered around six anti-tank rifle grenades from one of the hideouts of Lashker-e-toiba (LeT) terror outfit at Pyas, Chhichha area of Kishtawar, around 270 kilometers from Jammu.
The police personnel claimed a major tragedy has been averted by timely recovery of half dozen anti-tank rifle grenades and consignments of arms and ammunition from the forest area of Pyas under the jurisdiction of Kishtwar police station on Wednesday evening.
The police further said, the militants might have dumped the arms and ammunitions in the military prone areas aiming to target some vital installations ahead of the Republic Day on January 26.
Other recoveries included six anti tank rockets, six wireless sets, two grenades of Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) and two HE grenades.
There had been alarming inputs about the activities of militant outfits especially the LeT in forests of Kishtwar.
It was in view of these inputs that a special search operations had been launched in different forest areas of Kishtwar district, said sources, adding that the search was also on to apprehend or eliminate the militants.
The unique anti tank rifle grenades recovered carried 70 percent RDX and 30 per cent TNT mixture and were capable of causing extensive damage, said sources. (ANI)
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Rajouri in Kashmir - Aug 07, 2010
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Security personnel bust militant hideout in Baramullah - May 12, 2010
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Huge cache of arms, explosives seized in Poonch - May 12, 2010
- Arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - May 31, 2011
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir - Nov 23, 2010
- J-K police bust militant hideouts in Srinagar - Apr 08, 2010
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- Arms and ammunitions recovered from militant hideout in Poonch - Jul 19, 2010
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: ammunitions, consignments, forest area, forest areas, grenade launcher, hideout, hideouts, jammu and kashmir, jan 21, kashmir, kishtwar, militant outfits, prone areas, rdx, republic day, rifle grenades, search operations, tank rifle, timely recovery, wednesday evening