Lashkar aide arrested with hawala money in RajouriMarch 15th, 2009 - 2:51 pm ICT by ANI
By Tahir Nadeem Khan
Jammu, Mar 15 (ANI): A financial coordinator of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was arrested and Rs 50,000 in hawala money recovered from his possession in Jammu and Kashmir’’s Rajouri District, police sources said here. ””Based on specific information about the movement of LeT aide Nazir Ahmed, resident of Bathoi, Tehsil Mahore, district Reasi along with hawala money, a team of SOG conducted a raid and arrested him from village Pangai in Thannamandi area of Rajouri district last night,”” said Dy. S.P. operation Rajouri Farooq Qaiser.
He said hawala money Rs 50,000 was also recovered from his possession, which he collected from Thannamandi area and had to deliver it to Lashkar militants in Reasi district.
””Nazir was involved in transferring hawala money between LeT militants operating in Reasi and Rajouri districts,”” police official said.
Arrested aide Ahmed said that the money was supposed to be handed over to two militants — Abu Noman and Abdul Rehman.
Police have registered a case under various sections of Unlawful Activities Prevention (Amendment) Act against him in the Thanamandi police station. (ANI)
- Top Lashkar commander killed in J-K - Nov 01, 2009
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants shot dead in Mahore - Oct 07, 2010
- LeT commander killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 01, 2009
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Antony seeks report on Kashmir fake shootout killing - Aug 09, 2011
- Rajouri encounter against militants ends after three days - Aug 16, 2010
- Court jails Kashmir cop for terror link - Apr 19, 2010
- LeT militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir - May 24, 2011
- Terrorists in Kashmir intercepted in time: Army - Apr 03, 2010
- A LeT militant surrenders before security forces in Kashmir - Nov 11, 2009
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- Operation Khoj in Kashmir the biggest against terrorists - Apr 03, 2010
- Kashmiri militants receiving money through trade: Police chief - Jan 03, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Militants kill two villagers in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: abdul rehman, amendment act, district police, dy, financial coordinator, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lashkar e taiba, mahore, militants, nadeem khan, noman, police official, police sources, police station, prevention amendment, qaiser, rs 50, tahir, tehsil